Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mommas gotta run

So I have had extreme writers block for a while now. I have run several great races and am really happy and proud of the outcome, yet I could not begin to write about them...maybe one day, but today is not that day.

I am very much a routine oriented person. When I get out of a routine, I just feel lost and out of focus. I used to really struggle with taking time away from spending quality time with my bug to get in a run. I have learned that there will definitely be days where it will be difficult to get in a run, but there is always a way. Get up earlier or include your little one. Yesterday it was rainy, and so I opted for the treadmill, my little bug had so much fun cheering, dancing, and coloring right next to the treadmill. I normally will run while she is napping, but she asked if she could stay up and watch me run, so I said sure. I even offered to put her on a show, but she chose to color next to the treadmill. She definitely helped me keep a smile on my face, as you know I am not a huge fan of the treadmill, but it does serve a purpose. I still feel like that was quality bonding time with my bug, we chatted and sang the whole time. She even led me through stretching after.

I was showing her that it is ok for mommy to do something for herself, something that is good and healthy for mommy.

So the point is, you can find a million excuses why not to run; JUST RUN! Your body and mind will thank you!!

Happy running y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment