Tuesday, April 10, 2012

30 mile week

I met with my freshman small group last night and we had some great discussion, including the fact that the devil will try to get you down any chance he gets. I believe this is true with any positive goal that you have. So, I've been fighting this knee issue, that seems to be a bit of an anomaly, in that it has aspects of multiple knee issues according to my PT. It has really tried to mess with my mind, mostly because I haven't been able to keep up with my weekday mileage and log the number of miles I would like. All the while Julie has been racking up the miles and I know it's helping build her endurance and I don't want to slow her down come race day!!

Last week I was able to log 30 miles throughout the week, this was HUGE for me, as I've never run that many miles in a week. It gave me a huge boost of confidence and had I not had to be home Saturday morning I surely could've logged a few more, but such is the life of a mommy and daddy who are busy bees!!!

If you had asked me 5 years ago if I dreamed I'd run 30 miles in one week, I would've laughed hysterically!!! And this week I just did it! I wanted to run 33 this week to start my 33rd year, but was advised that we are supposed to be decreasing mileage, so I'll listen and do what's best for training :/.

Victories, don't let your head get in the way of your heart, or your legs for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment