Sunday, July 22, 2012

Light up the night with a PR!!!

I recently read something about runners and it asked questions like, do you plan your vacations around running a race? Do you run on vacation? Yes to both of these! Kenyan and I also plan our date nights around running and running races. We had the opportunity to have a date night last night and run a 5k, and thanks to Kenyan pushing me the whole way I got a smoking PR of 22:58!!!! I even ran my first mile in 7:20! I never dreamed of being able to run that fast, and after Kenyan asked me how I felt and I I didn't feel dead, he said well now you know you can run even faster!! Yikes!

For now my goal is keeping an 8 minute pace for 13.1! I really enjoy the fact that I am getting faster because it means I can run further in the same about of time!

Running is soooooo mental! I can not say that enough! I know if Kenyan would've run his pace, I would not have pushed myself to run as fast as I did having him push me. When I heard my watch beep at the one mile mark and I looked down and saw 7:20, and I told Kenyan and I really wasn't ever so tired at that fast of a pace. The only time I really struggled was when we had to do a loopty loop through a parking lot, but after that Kenyan kept pushing me, telling me come on pass them up, pick it up, come on half mile left here's where you kick....it was exhilarating!!!

So now we are going to take turns running during the bugs naptime. Im not going to try and run a 7:20 pace, but I am going to push myself a little harder than I have been, now that I know what I am capable of! Plus, it is so much fun to challenge yourself and exceed that challenge!!! I can't push myself to hard, because the bug said when she wakes up from her nap she wants to work on her fitness:)

Happy running y'all!!! Lacey

Picture captain: Kenyan would not takes serious picture, oh well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment