Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day and Running

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there and to all of you who are dreaming of being mommies! Today we celebrated the baptism of my niece and had a lovely family gathering, followed by a four hour car ride home.

Now, my whole thought was I would walk in the door and get in my pajamas and curl up with a book. However, I made a pact with a friend of mine, Kaila, that we were going to streak through May, since its national running month, and I'm determined if nothing else, so I won't just skip a day because its not AT ALL what I wanted to do. I actually put on pjs, then remembered, looked at my husband very dejected and said "I am supposed to go run", fully expecting a "it's ok you don't have to". Instead he said "yes, you are!", so I did--only a mile and very begrudgingly, but I did it! 

I'd love to end this with a great story of how it made my whole day bright and I felt shiny and new afterwards, but that's not the case, I just felt accomplished and still a little grouchy. Still, I've never regretted a run, but very often regretted skipping one, so I will not wake tomorrow with that regret! Plus, Foxy rubbed my legs afterwards, that's a plus! 

Run happy y'all because if you're not having fun, well, you're just not doing it right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment