Thursday, May 2, 2013

Music...yes or no???

So my coach challenged me to run without music for a couple of reasons; one being that I will play with my music while running, and two it will help me to keep a more even pace. For a race my music wouldn't work, I played with my phone for the first 5 miles, and then I just listened to the same song over and over! That song was Led Zeppelins what is and what should never be, so at least it was a good song!

I have really grown to like not running with music, especially during races because I can hear and chat with people on the course. When I run alone, my thoughts do wander sometime from man this is an amazing run and when I am finished I feel like I can conquer the world! On days where my run is not going so good, I think about the end result and how much better I will feel once I am done! I make to do lists, I conjur up new recipes, I pray, I think about upcoming events, I solve world peace, and so on! Lately running without music helps me to be more aware of the snakes!!!! YIKES!!!

I still have writers block, hopefully it will lift soon!

Do you run with music?

Happy running,
Lacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment